Monday 29 March 2010

Aesthetic / brand / identity


I'm now in Easter 'break' - so won't have any tutorials for four weeks. 8 weeks away from assessment, I'm now working toward final outcomes. This week I'll be working entirely on the website - a pdf of every page, with real data, the aesthetics and name for the site, the online presence for it, and demonstrations of how it would work.

Today I've been trying to come up with a name - something which is very hard for a food-based project, as there are lots of restaurants, blogs and organisations out there already, all with original names! (EAT, Sustain, etc) It will be hard not to tread on anyone's toes. A short, one or two word name for the site is what I need. I've written down a lot of ideas but haven't found the right one yet - I'll work on that this week.

I've also worked some more on the ideas I had last week about how the website should look. My mentor was keen on the brown paper element, mixed with hand-drawn and computer generated. I like the brown paper because it has a market feel - maybe I could use that classic market stall handwriting somewhere too. I worked more with fonts today - choosing which ones to use, and what colours looked best.

At this stage in the project it is getting really difficult to explain to people! I've been working on it for so long that I know everything about the project, and it is easy to forget that other people don't. I need to work on explaining it better - both for my presentation exam, and for the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment