Monday 3 May 2010

Refinement & missing pages

Between the image above and the one below, I have changed the 'more people' buttons, handwritten the recipe names, and highlighted the current section of the website. These seems like tiny changes, but they make a massive difference.

I've also refined the text for some areas of the website. Below you can see I've made slider bars for some pages.

Over the last couple of days I have also been creating new pages that were missing before, like the one below. This takes longer than I anticipated - even though I have already decided on a general colour scheme and layout, new content means having to re-think the whole page again.

I have also had to extend the map I had already designed, to include a farmer's market and a community allotment.


This web work is frustrating - I have already designed over 40 separate pages, and spent two days more than I planned to on this.

I need to get on with other parts of the project, so I'm going to spend Tuesday, Thursday and Friday working on the scenario films that I need to complete - showing how the cooking workshop would work. On Thursday I have another tutorial, so I'll use that time to make a plan for what I can realistically complete for assessment. It is really hard at this point to stand back and look at what I've done, to work out if it has the intended effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment