Friday 16 April 2010

Real food images and data collection


Since my last post, I have planned 3 days worth of seasonal, ethical, healthy, March meals (10 meals). I've bought the ingredients in local shops as much as possible, and mapped and photographed these shops. And then I've put my rusty maths skills to use, working out how much each meal costs per portion, nutritional information, etc. I've also made each meal, timed it, written out my own versions of the recipes, and tried to take good photographs of each one. I originally only allowed 2 days for data collection in my timetable - which is unrealistic. Luckily, it has been fairly simple to compile the data at the same time as working on the other elements of the project.














While collecting data, I've been working on the scenario films, and have been getting feedback on the website work that I did, ready to improve it next week. The films haven't gone to plan but I have allowed time for that so it shouldn't matter too much. I have planned two scenario films entirely - working out the sequences of photographs I need, etc - and a possible third. I came up with another 3 or 4 scenarios which would require additional data collection / real workshop scenes.

I've taken the photographs required for a couple of the sequences, however when working on them yesterday I realised that I need to have the finished pdf of my website in the background of each. It would be mad to go through all 80 or more images for each scene and replace the computer screen using photoshop! So I need to re-shoot these sequences once the web work is complete. I have got to grips with the basics of Premiere now, so it shouldn't take too much time to turn the photos into a film, once I have the right images.

For other scenes, I need to have the real data - i.e. a route around all the shops, on foot - which I have only just worked out! So both elements of the project have been more complicated than I planned for. Tomorrow I'll be taking more photographs for the scenario films.

No comments:

Post a Comment