Wednesday 28 April 2010

Catalogue photography & new london train line

For the degree show catalogue, I need to submit an image that represents my project. The obvious one would be the home page of my website, and I might well choose that one. However, we are using degree show funds to pay for a professional photographer (Tomas Valenzuela Blejer) to take a photograph for everyone, so I didn't want to waste the opportunity to get a good photograph. I spent a few hours brainstorming ideas and came up with this image - above. It would be great to know if you think it represents my project?

Also today, I travelled on the newly opened Overground line today (the old East London underground line, extended) - and wanted to put a couple of photos on here! It was exciting as it only opened yesterday, it was very empty and clean, it travels through brand new stations - like Haggerston, above - and there were lots of people taking photos of it at each station. This has been a massive project, with buildings knocked down, new bridges put up, new stations built - since 2007. So it is nice to see the project right the way through like this.
Also, it gets me to uni in 45min for £1.80, instead of 1hr 30min!

No comments:

Post a Comment