Tuesday 2 March 2010

Wire frame mapping and key image

I've been using post-it notes on my desk to build up a wire frame map of the website, which I've then written out in full (above). I've found this really challenging - especially thinking of appropriate titles for each category of the site - I'm still not happy with the words!

Below, you can see an example layout of a page, which I've made using InDesign. I'm thinking more about layout and content than colour at the moment - these colours are quite boring and probably not appropriate.

To help me define my project, ready for the degree show, I've started a weekly task of summarising it in 100 words or less, and picking a key image which explains the project. This week's words:

The aim of my project is to make consumer food choices easier and simpler, while considering welfare, ethics, food miles, nutrition, budget and location. I am designing a website to help people eat sustainably, which will include a healthy, ethical, seasonal, cheap meal planner, and will feature community cooking workshops and volunteer schemes.


I've also been looking at some interesting websites:


Seed to Plate

I like the design of this site. It's all about growing food.


Food For Kent

'Order fresh, local produce online' - not sure how local the produce is though - not specific enough. Not clear where imported produce comes from.


Guerriilla Gardeners of Elephant & Castle

Online community. Watch the movie!


Guildhall Library

This library has a whole collection just on food - old fashioned cook books, etc. I want to go and visit.


Garden Museum

'THE GOOD LIFE...100 YEARS OF GROWING YOUR OWN' is the current exhibition. Finishes on 7th March so not sure if I'll get chance to see it.


Fight Supermarket Power

I didn't get the chance to go to this free conference by 'War on Want' on Saturday - I saw it advertised in Time Out. Would have really liked to go. The description reads: 'Join War on Want for an inspiring day of debate, discussion and practical workshops on building local alternatives; workers fighting back; stopping the sale of Israeli settlement produce; and who controls our food.' The War on Want website looks excellent anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment