Saturday 6 March 2010

Brit Insurance Designs of the Year


Went to see this exhibition at the Design Museum yesterday, it was brilliant! Lots of really interesting work, a couple of things that were relevant to my own project. Former Goldsmiths students from two years above me were nominated for 'The Incidental'. The exhibition design itself was really nice, and I found it inspiring for our degree show. The room our show will be in has no windows and lots of pillars like this, and it made me see that it is possible to create a really interesting show in a space like this. Also, by grouping the projects in categories, like 'sustainable' or 'conceptual' the many varied things on display make sense. I thought the exhibition design was great.


After the Design Museum I went to Spitalfields to pick something up. Saw these bunnies (part of the east festival I think) and thought they were really funny.

I had a helpful tutorial yesterday with a different tutor to normal. She suggested someone I could speak to about making the web design easier, who I'll see on Monday. Once I've got some advice, I'll set myself a deadline to finish the web design, and then leave it for a few weeks and come back to it with fresh eyes.

In the meantime, I'm mapping and exploring possibilities for local interaction, as a result of the website. I'm going to organise some events that would happen, like cooking lessons, and record them as part of the project, as films or photos.

Today I also sent letters to some major supermarkets and to Defra, explaining my project and finding out if they were interested. It would be brilliant to make this project real.

No comments:

Post a Comment