Wednesday 25 November 2009

Film Week (Quique Corrales)

This week, on my course, it is 'film week'. Quique Corrales, a film maker from Madrid, has come over for the week to run the workshop. On Monday he spent all day showing us many examples of short films, and some really innovative and interesting techniques. Yesterday, we had tutorials with him, and began to develop ideas for our films. We have been briefed to make a 3 minute film in relation to our territory of interest. Quique advised me that the macro setting on my camera is good, and showed me some ideas for how to use it. I've decided to call the movie 'You are what you eat', and it focuses on food choices, specifically in places where you can sit down and eat at lunchtime. I spent some time filming today in MacDonalds, Pret, Planet Organic, Starbucks and Burger King, as well as working on the title sequence and credits. Tomorrow I plan to edit these clips in iMovie. Everyone's films will be shown on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment