Friday 12 March 2010

Prorotype cooking workshop

This week I planned and organised a last-minute cooking workshop with a couple of people I already knew, to help me develop and design the event. I sent out invitations (above) and spent time working out what recipe to use, what I needed to bring, where to have the workshop, etc. The exercise of organising the event was beneficial in itself - there was a lot more to it than I anticipated. During the workshop I found it easy to see what areas needed improvement - especially documentation! For the next one I will get someone else to run the workshop, and document it myself instead of taking part.

We made leek and potato soup - seasonal - and I provided homemade bread to have with it. I'm planning to hold another improved cooking workshop soon.

This week I also spoke to Pete, one of the Goldsmiths computer technicians, about the website. He showed me some work by an MA student that was really helpful - I can make short films showing how the website links with community interaction, in order to demonstrate it, rather than making a half-working website. He also liked the hand-drawn graphics I originally started with.

Below, I've started to storyboard scenarios that could become films to explain the cooking workshop:
In addition this week, I also went to see Mathias & Rachel of Loop.pH, who I worked for last summer as an intern. They had some brilliant feedback and advice for me in relation to my project, and offered to help with the web side of the project. They showed me a lot of really interesting and relevant work that they had come across, which I'll be looking at in more detail and posting about on here. Thank you!

Together with my mentor tutorial today, it has been great to hear advice and feedback from a range of people this week. I've got a lot to get on with over the next two weeks - lots of references to look up and research, I need to work on the aesthetic of the website, make a few short films that demonstrate the depth and breadth of all aspects of the site, and organise another cooking lesson. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment