Thursday 7 January 2010

Food 2030


I've found endless amounts of information and exciting projects since starting work on my context report. But I haven't been putting it on my blog, because at the moment I'm writing the report, so it is all going straight in there! And I'll try to make some version of it available through this site, when it is finished.

However, I have just been reading about the government's Food 2030 food strategy (launched by Hilary Benn Jan 2010), and I am so excited by it that I wanted to put it on here! In terms of consumers, it describes exactly what I am trying to do with my project - and I find it encouraging that the food strategy describes a similar ideal. Here are some quotes:
Food 2030, the Government’s new food strategy, is the first of its kind in over 50 years. In it we set out our vision of what we want the food system to look like in 2030, and how we can get there.
Consumers: Find out more about food – how and where it is produced. Use their influence and spending power to support those who produce sustainable and healthy food. Waste less food.
Consumers are informed, can choose, and afford, healthy, sustainable food.
You can see the web page here.
I'm seriously thinking, maybe I should get in touch with them, and tell them I'm working on the same thing?!

No comments:

Post a Comment