Wednesday 2 December 2009

Work in Progress

With the help of Claire (Textiles Technician at Goldsmiths), I created this pattern and printed it onto fabric, using sublimation inks and a heat press. I did this yesterday. I really like pattern but have never tried to design it before. I'm pleased with this for a first attempt, however there are quite a few things I would change to improve it. I have printed a 42cmx80cm section of polyester cotton with this pattern, and I intend to sew it into a shopping bag on Thursday.
This week is completely self-directed, to enable us to develop our projects and context reports. I had a tutorial about my context report yesterday, and I intend to use this week to explore my shopping bag idea (see above) and research more into my area of interest. I also want to plan the structure of my context report, by Monday.

On Monday itself, we will all be presenting our project and work so far this term to our tutors, Matt and Rosario. We have 5mins each to present. We also need to hand in a brief, detailing what we plan to do next. After this presentation, we will each be assigned project mentors, who will guide us during the next two terms of our course. I want to be really productive this week and push my project!

No comments:

Post a Comment