Thursday 10 December 2009

Work in Progress Presentation

On Monday we presented all the work that we've done this term, and handed in a copy of our project brief. Above is a photomontage showing how I laid out my work for the tutors to see. We also did a five minute presentation about our area of interest, the work we've done and our intended direction.
I got some positive feedback from Matt and Rosario on my project. Rosario mentioned Konstam, probably my favourite restaurant in London, which is owned by Thomas Heatherwick's brother and sources food from within zone 6 - even wine. Matt mentioned a massive co-operative food movement in Brooklyn - he knows someone who is part of it. He also said that Ezio Manzini 'talks about design being the thing to take niche activities and translate them up to people who haven’t got the time and energy and ethical drive to do something'. Simon (in my class) suggested looking at a project in Amsterdam where they have mapped fruit trees in the city. There is one other person in my class, Michael, who is doing a project about food.
Both Matt and Rosario said that they see my project as being the design of a service, something that brings lots of mini food-growing initiatives together.
I'm now on holiday from university until January - but I will be working hard on my context report (dissertation), as I aim to have the first draft completed by the time I return to uni. I also want to visit lots of exhibitions, as I don't get time when I'm at uni.

No comments:

Post a Comment