Wednesday 2 December 2009

Britain's Really Disgusting Foods

This programme had been recommended to me twice, by my friend Jess, then by my classmate Steph. On Monday I finally watched it! The programme has an interesting approach, in that it is presented in a comedic way by Alex Riley. He approaches people high up in companies such as Mars, Lidl, and whale hunters in Japan - and then questions them in a very jokey way that they don't expect. It is quite interesting - he focuses on a different food every week.
I found it particularly ironic that in his program on Dairy, Heather Mills tells him that the only milk we should be drinking is our mother's breast milk - and then on 'The Story of Stuff', we are told that breast milk is the food that contains most chemicals! There are so many conflicting messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment