Thursday 10 December 2009

Anish Kapoor at Royal Academy of Arts

I finally went to see this exhibition! I've heard so much about it. This was the first time that I saw an exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts - and the building itself was amazing! I spent some time drawing the lovely patterns that run around the top of every room. The exhibition was really expensive - £8 student ticket - and I queued for 20mins even at 10am - but definitely all worth it. The work is really impressive and it is inspiring to see that anything is possible - he is firing oily red wax at the walls of this beautiful building and dragging it through carved wooden doorways and no-one seems to mind! I think this is the first exhibition I've been to where someone actually screamed! (when the wax cannon was fired)
The exhibition photos aren't my own - it's not possible to take photos in the exhibition - I just took these from google images. But it really does look like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment