Tuesday 13 October 2009

Honest Apples

Today I developed ways of putting labels onto Cox apples, as a form of honest packaging. I tried lots of different options - pictured above are rice paper and food colouring ideas. However, I finally decided that Letraset works best. Although it is time consuming (2.5hrs per apple!), and I can't choose from a wide range of fonts, it is the neatest and most permanent option. I made a prototype apple today, photographed it, and planted it in the apples section of my local Sainsburys! There is a web address on the apple for a blog I made for this project - link to Honest Apples blog here. The site invites those who have found such an apple to leave a comment about it. I hope someone finds the apple before the Sainsbury's staff do!

No comments:

Post a Comment