Friday 9 October 2009

Design Your Own Environment

The second brief I've chosen is 'Design Your Own Environment'. The brief is to observe the environment within half a mile of your home, and create an intervention within it. I have to observe the environment, design, make and test my design in the environment. I'll need to record the intervention so I can show it in my presentation next Friday.
I want to do something about derelict buildings, as I find them fascinating. I've decided I'm not going to use the internet for this project at all. Yesterday I investigated a building that looks as if it was once a cinema, but is now boarded up and abandoned, near Essex Road station. I really like this building. Today I'm going to ask some people in shops around the area to see if they know anything about the history of the building. For my intervention I'd like to find out what people in the local community would like to see this place used for.

No comments:

Post a Comment