Saturday 24 October 2009

Controversies / Briefing Document

Since Monday this week we have been exploring a chosen controversy. On Monday, we analysed and discussed newspapers to find an issue that we were interested in. We spent Tuesday and Wednesday researching this issue further. On Thursday we presented a map of the issue. Since then, we have been working on a briefing document, to guide our final project. This is due on Monday.

The controversy that I originally chose was 'food additives'. This was because I read a quote that caught my attention.
"When the market researchers discovered that the public likes it's egg yolks a deep yellow, the chickens were fed the appropriate quantity of E102 (tartrazine) or E110 (sunset yellow), both of which are synthetic azo dyes."
Food for Wealth or Health 1991, p46
One of the places I visited to explore this further was Freightliner's City Farm, which was a fantastic place! However I have widened the area for my briefing document, to 'Healthy and Ethical Eating'. The intention is to show this briefing document next to our final major project next year, at the graduation show.

No comments:

Post a Comment