Sunday 11 October 2009

Apple Packaging

Yesterday I was throwing away some tights, and I thought that these might be an alternative to the plastic bags available in supermarkets, for loose fruit and veg? They are stretchy and can be knotted to whatever size you need, could contain any number of different fruit or veg, can be washed, and you would be re-using something instead of throwing it away. I also started to design an in-store graphic for Sainsbury's Cox Apples. Today, I spent some time drawing a Cox apple, and this led me to think about using labels as 'packaging' for apples. There would be one key piece of information on each label, and lots of different labels. It seems dishonest to 'hide' apples in a bag. However the labels look messy when they are applied to the curved surface of the apple. A solution to this might be to use rice paper, or print onto the apple with edible ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment